The 5200 Series for the 2016+ Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen are 2-way adjustable shock absorbers which are based upon competition 3-way adjustable shock absorbers. The 5200 shock absorbers are adjustable in compression and rebound.
The design of the compression adjuster is an evolution of the compression adjuster we provided for the American Grand-Am series for the last few years. The 5200 shock absorbers were designed to achieve a quick and easy set up, allowing separate adjustment of compression and rebound.
The 5200 Series AST uses an external canister. Throughout testing and competitions, the 5200 has been praised for its performance and capabilities, surpassing other major, more expensive brands and setting a new standard of 2 way damper. Its no surprise that the 5200 is fast becoming a favorite damper amongst race teams and track day enthusiasts world wide.
- High end, track ready suspension that is totally streetable.
- Fully upgradeable to 5300 spec.
- Rebound and Compression Adjustable (Doubles), with a remote reservoir.
- Remote reservoirs allow additional travel and heat dissipation.
- 44.5mm diameter shaft struts are inverted and offer exceptional strength, which in turn reduces geometry change under corner and braking monoevers.
- Aluminum cylinder, threaded body shocks, factory mounting style.
- New low friction seal on all AST dampers.
- Spherical lower eye shock mounts.
- Reservoir with hose or piggyback (piggyback examples: 2008 STI; BMW E36 rears).
- Spherical upper shock mount assemblies.
- Synthetic hydraulic fluid.
- Optional DLC (diamond like carbon) coated shafts.
- Optional DDP (double digressive piston).
- Double Digressive Pistons are recommended for use on the non-driven wheels.
- 4WD/FWD vehicles: DD pistons for both rear axle struts/shocks.
- RWD vehicles: DD pistons for both front axle struts/shocks.
- Fully service and rebuildable.
- Revalvable for specific characteristics.
- Part Number: RIV-F7001S
- Product: AST Suspension 5200 Series 2-Way Coilovers
- Adjustment: 2-Way
- Front/Rear Ratio: Front = 60% / Rear = 40%
- Strut/Shock Type: Front: Clamp McPherson strut / Rear: Eye 2 pin strut
- Model Years: 2016+
- Make: Ford
- Model: Focus
- Spring Kit: Included
- Front Top Mounts: Included
- Rear Top Mounts: Included
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Front Droplinks Required? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Available? No
- Adjustable Rear Droplinks Required? No
- DDP Pistons Included? No
- DDP Pistons Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- DLC Coated Shafts Included? No
- DLC Coated Shafts Available (Additional Cost): Yes
- QDC Included? Front QDC included
- TUV Approved?
- Comments: Body needs to be modified to fit front canisters.
- 2016 Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen
- 2017 Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen
- 2018 Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen
- 2019 Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen
- 2020 Ford Focus RS 2.3 EcoBoost 4WD 3rd Gen